Monday, November 1, 2021

Prague's buildings contain delightful details


A sundial is featured on the wall of this building in the Vinohrady quarter.

I'm straying from my usual format in my second post about our recent trip to Prague, capital of the Czech Republic. The old city center escaped a lot of damage during WWII, so what remains is one of the most well preserved cities in Europe. 

Since the city is so clean and doesn't contain a huge amount of dog doo, I didn't have to constantly watch where I stepped. Therefore, I was able to look around and upward during our strolls of Prague's streets. 

Rather than offer you a lot of detail about these photos, I only include captions on identifiable landmarks. Užívat si! Enjoy!



Prague's Municipal House


This statue of the Black Madona is perched on a
notable cubist building in Prague.


The room with this window on the Karolinum building
of Charles University is where ceremonies are held. 


Prague's Old Town Square

If you want to go inside the Church of Our Lady before Týn,
enter through the pizza restaurant in Old Town Square.

Prague's Old Town Square

Prague's Old Town Square


Prague's Dancing House is also called 'Fred and Ginger.'












No comments:

Post a Comment