Friday, October 31, 2014

After-lunch stroll in Saint-Pastour

A window in the remains of the original wall in Saint-Pastour

Every so often I come upon a surprising site place purely by chance. It could be an unusual name on a sign at the side of the road, a Sunday vide greniers, or taking a wrong turn that brings me there. In the case of Saint-Pastour, it's my stomach. Specifically, some friends and I recently decide to have lunch at le Relais de Bastides, a nice little restaurant with a big valley view.

Lunch at le Relais de Bastides is best when the weather allows for eating outside.

View from Saint-Pastour
The mild day is perfect for eating outside on the terrace. The food is basic but tasty, and as always, the girls and I have plenty to talk about.
Afterwards, we walk off our lunch and I aim my camera toward some of Saint-Pastour's charming sites.

A site in Saint-Pastour

Church doors in Saint-Pastour

One of several wells in Saint-Pastour

A touch of color on a door in Saint-Pastour

This tiny bastide town (pop. 397) is located 15 miles northwest of Villeneuve-sur-Lot. The village was founded by Alphonse de Poitiers in 1272.

 
Joan of Arc atop a bastide gate in Saint-Pastour

A Saint-Pastour passageway

A doorway in Saint-Pastour

A chicken crosses the road in Saint-Pastour.

A nook makes a handy planter box in Saint-Pastour.



No comments:

Post a Comment