Saturday, August 23, 2014

Toulouse Plages provide taste of summer

A view of the Ferris wheel at Toulouse Plages from across la Garonne.
Acknowledging that the weather we've had in south west France this summer would make our California family and friends envious, I still feel compelled to complain ... just a little. August isn't even over and we already must close our windows at night because the mornings are so chilly. It's rained a bit nearly every day, usually when Ken and I are on a walk. And it's been challenging to jump in the Eymet pool on Monday mornings for aquagym class, (although our trรจs mignon teacher warms my friends and I up pretty quickly). Oh, pauvre nous!

I took a solo trip to Toulouse last week and in search of a bit of summertime, had to visit the riverside attraction Toulouse Plages. Similar to Paris, each summer the city of Toulouse sets us a mock beach (sans sand), complete with lounge chairs, a pirate's cove, snack bar and, best of all, a huge Ferris wheel.

On this particular Monday afternoon, there is no line for the ride, and before I know it I am enjoying a bird's eye view of la Ville Rose (the Pink City).


Splendid view of the Pink City

Pont St-Pierre and pirate's cove from the
Ferris wheel at Toulouse Plages

Looking up

Pirate's cove at Toulouse Plages

Click here to read another blog I write, Lot of Livin', on AngloINFO Dordogne.


No comments:

Post a Comment